Cabramatta Mouth Guards – Just One Way to Treat Teeth Grinding
If you’re seeking Cabramatta mouth guards then you’re probably already aware that you suffer from bruxism or teeth grinding. When teeth grinding occurs on a regular basis your teeth can become damaged and other problems may also occur.
What is teeth grinding exactly?
Grinding the teeth causes damage to the teeth enamel, which is why many dentists recommend that a teeth grinding mouth guard is worn at night. In some cases, chronic teeth grinding can result in cracking, loosening and even loss of teeth.
What are the symptoms of teeth grinding
Signs that you grind your teeth include:
● A grinding noise while you’re asleep
● Teeth which ache when you wake up
● Headache, jaw joint pain, or ear pain
● Stiffness or achiness of the face and temples when you wake up
● Aching or stiffness in the jaws when you chew your food
● Cracked or chipped tooth enamel
What causes teeth grinding?
● Misaligned teeth
● Personality traits
● Caffeine, alcohol, smoking and certain drugs
● Narrow airways breathing and sinus problems
may all be reasons for bruxism.
Treatment for teeth grinding in Cabramatta
If you think that you may grind your teeth, then come and talk to our friendly experienced dentists at LV Dental. We’ll take a look at your teeth and discuss various treatment options which may help. These include:
● Orthodontic treatment to straighten your teeth and correct your bite
● Customised mouthguards which are worn on the top arch at night so that they take the brunt of your teeth grinding actions. While these won’t stop your teeth grinding, they successfully prevent damage to your teeth
● Injectable fillers– Small amounts of filler are injected into the large muscle which moves your jaw (the masseter), will relax and weaken it. This stops the involuntary actions of clenching the jaw and grinding your teeth and can also reduce or eliminate headaches and damage to the TMJ.